
My cute little niece Lillian requested a Barbie cake for her 6th birthday. Her mom unfortunately was stranded in London at the time due to the volcano so I decided to try to make her request. She is a very smart and specific 6 year old. She had to have a white dress with pink flowers that had a purple center and holding the number 6. She first decided she wanted it to be a vanilla cake then she changed to chocolate so I decided to do 3 layers. The chocolate is at the top, strawberry in the middle and vanilla at the bottom. I have never used fondant before so I was a little nervous and anxious to try it. Luckily my aunt is a cake expert and was able to give me a few tips. Aside from needing a lot of upper body strength I loved working with fondant. I realized you can do some many fun things with it. After cutting out all the flowers by hand I will for sure invest in some fondant shape cutters the next time around. After making the cake the night before and working on it all the next morning I was exhausted but happy with the way it turned out. Lillian was so surprised I was so happy to make her day. She was a little shy with all the attention but warmed up to the camera when she started opening her presents. I hope she had a great birthday!! Love you Lilly Bug-Crackers!





No comments:
Post a Comment