I am so behind, this was actually back in March. I decided to make a quick trip California to surprise my niece for her 8th birthday. I unfortunately had to fly in a few days after her actual birthday but it was still really fun. It was quite the drama getting there. I was leaving late Thursday night and was flying standby. The flight looked completely full so I was sure I wasn't going to get on. There was 1 more seat open and they kept calling the persons name telling them the flight was going to leave and the whole time I am praying he does not hear it. Finally they say I can go. I am leaving out of concourse E so I head out the doors and they tell me I have to go all the way to like door 46 which is clear at the very end and I am the last passenger boarding the plane and they are waiting for me. So I am running and frantically calling Trav letting him know he can leave the airport and calling my sister so she knows she will have to come pick me up. I finally get to the door I think I am supposed to be and get on the plane. The plane is full with tonz of teenagers and it is hard weaving all around them trying to get to my seat. I sit down and hear there chaperons counting and screaming for everyone to find their seats. As a few minutes go by they realize a kid is not in his seat and they are yelling at him telling him to get into his seat as proceeds to say he can't that someone he does not know is sitting in it....(yes that would be me). So we both show our tickets to each other and realize they say the same number so I am telling them that I am on standby and will get off the plane because they must have made a mistake and booked the same seat. As I start gathering my things the stewardess who is only 4 rows in front of me and says "Attention everyone we might have someone on our plane that is to be on a different plane, this plane is going to Albuquerque. Is there a Mr. Zingleton on the plane?" I am horrified and not only feel like a complete idiot but now I am sure my real plan as left me. I try to bow my head and get off as soon as I can as I am leaving they tell me my plane is right next to this plane and is waiting for me. So now it has been at least 10-15 minutes or so and I run a few yard away to get on my plane. I step on and everyone is completely silent looking right at me. As I find my seat the gentleman next to me kindly says "so you are who we have been waiting for". Yep...I am the dumb blond you all have been waiting for. He continues to say "were you on a connecting flight that was late"...Nope as I look out the window to my right and point, I have been sitting on that plane right there. So I get settled and am praying we land as soon and possible because I am now feeling so stupid. We I arrive in Fresno I tell my sister the whole story and she can't stop laughing...so that was my fun adventure to remember. Just when you think it’s impossible to get on the wrong plane...its not!
The rest of the trip was great. Since I flew in so late the kids were in bed so I was able to sneak in so they didn't know I was there. The next morning I was hiding in the bedroom until Korinne went to school because I wanted to surprise her later. After she finally left Becky called me and said to come out to surprise Tyson who was glued to the T.V. eating his breakfast. I sneaked up behind him and he was so surprised so fun to see his cute face. Later on that day we went to check Korinne out of school early to take her out for her birthday. I waited out side of her class room as she opened the door she saw my but wasn't so sure it was me and first but as soon as she did she was so surprised. I was able to bring all of her presents from me, my mom and my sister Heather. I am such a bad aunt and did not wrap them so she got to open them from my suit case. I am so glad I was able to spend some time with them and have a little relaxing weekend.


No comments:
Post a Comment